Wednesday 29 January 2014

I've been quiet for a while and I'm sorry about that.  Unfortunately, early in 2013, I was diagnosed with locally advanced prostate cancer and so have spent the past year fighting to transform myself from cancer patient to cancer survivor,  Well, next Thursday, my radiation treatment will be complete and I am confident that when it comes to the scan six weeks later, I will be cancer free.

Now I hope to make sure that politics too is cancer free.  Cancer cells seek to sequester the resources of the body for their own use, denying them to the essential organs of the body and ensuring the body's eventual destruction.  The labserverals and their cronies in the City of London and the Banking Industry generally, fit this description beautifully and it is time the cancer was excised before it can metastasize.

In the time I've been quiet, the real economy as experienced by working people has gone down the hill regardless of Gideon's protestations of economic growth.  If an economy can be said to recover when most people are worse off, then there is something wrong with the way the economy is measured.

The Guardian reports today that the crown prosecution service aims to prosecute people for stealing discarded food from a skip behind Iceland.  This illustrates how the way the economy is measured needs to be changed.  If a company fails to sell its products until they become worthless, it ceases to be an asset and should be given away.  We need to find a way of measurement that rewards this behaviour and demonises those companies that pour diesel into their skips to make the waste food inedible.

No comments:

Post a Comment